Our Values & Beliefs
- All cultures have value for all
- Preservation & exploration of cultures is important in understanding an individual's self-identity & expansion of worldview
- Understanding other cultures allows us to understand and more deeply appreciate our own culture(s) while allowing us to show the interconnectedness around the globe
- Understanding other cultures allows us to value others and how our differences make humankind stronger -- strength & resilience through inclusion
- Culture can best be understood through experiential learning and human interaction
- The universals of culture (i.e., the arts, food, sports) are bridges to bringing together what are seemingly disparate cultures/peoples, but are only a first step to inclusive understanding
- Equity, inclusion, openness and appreciation are keys to a better future for all
Core Team Members
Today Baraza stands as not only THE leading organization when looking for education focused on Africans/African cultures, indigenous peoples & refugees, we are a go-to entity for diversity, inclusion, equity, team building, & leadership training. We specialize in cultural event planning. Let us bring our resources for your cultural event.
In conjunction with our partner organizations, we not only continue to work with our local African communities in celebrating and preserving culture, we provide support for local African owned businesses & professionals. Working with Africans is just part of what we do. We work across the mid-West helping people understand culture, theirs and those around the globe. This cultural appreciation allows one to have deeper ties to their one culture as well as allowing genuine valuing & appreciation of other cultures.
We have broadened what we offer to businesses and other organizations across KC in terms of diversity, inclusion & equity training, cultural proficiency and preparation for trips and/or doing business abroad. We assist in improving businesses practices, procedures and understand leading to a better meeting business goals and gaining a higher ROI.
How Can You Help?
While we operate on a fee for service model for sustainability, we also welcome your donation.